The Ultimate Brownie is tall like a cakey-brownie, but is dense like a fudgy-brownie.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 225g dark chocolate (high cocoa content)
- 225g butter
- 5 eggs
- 600g sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 200g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 275g chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 190° C.
- Grease a 23 x 33 cm pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside.
- In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes.
- Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Don't overbake.)
- Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.